11/13/2004

Power Line to a grieving widow: Fuck you

I think the heart, soul, and "values" of the right are summed up perfectly in this Power Line piece cheering on the New York Post for assailing Yasser Arafat's wife, running a picture of the Post's cover with a picture of her weeping to the headling "THE ARAFAT LADY SINGS." As I've said before, I realize that opinion about Arafat is going to be split, but can these people at least show some sensitivity and common decency for one goddamn second? Would it kill them to do that? Do they really, truly think it's necessary to apply a verbal beat down to a grieving widow after her husband died less than a week ago?

And some people wonder why I consider the lot of Republicans to be lower than pondscum. It's because of things like this. Power Line, and their 100,000+ readers, have absolutely no shame, none at all. They can't even leave a grieving wife alone.

And people wonder why the world hates us.

...Troll count: 11. No, wait, 13! Lemmie refresh again.. Damnit, still 13. Man, you guys and gals are lazy. 16! Somewhere in the 20s now, I'm losing count. Keep the hate pouring in; keep proving my point.

Dipshits.

23:49 Update - Concerning this statement about me from Power Line: "I can see how those who think that reasonable opinion can "split" when it comes to the bloodiest, most corrupt terrorist ever might be offended by the Post headline. But we're not sufficiently reality-based to have so even-handed a view."

"Bloodiest, most corrupt terrorist ever?" There are things about Arafat that certainly can't be defended, but let's also get a couple things straight here: Arafat and Sharon are two sides of the same coin. And when you have a leader/terrorist like Sharon holing up Palestinians in ghettos, bulldozing their homes, taking their land, and placing bullets in their children's skulls... Then yes, I'm afraid opinion is going to be split on this, Power Line. Any sane person who takes an objective look at the situation can see this, but unfortunately, you and your bloodthirsty readership have convinced me that you're far from being sane. I never once defended Arafat, and I can't honestly see how you can hold up a bloody murderer like Sharon as a hero while condemning a man who's basically just the same as he is, but with different religious beliefs.

01:21 Update - In reply to Power Line's Hindrocket on yours truly: "Hyperbole is not in short supply in today's Democratic Party. It's hard, though, to take seriously a blogger who defends Arafat and links to Al Jazeera, but thinks that we are the ones without shame or decency."

"Defends Arafat?" It's good to know that one of the right's top bloggers can't even read. Unfuckingbelievable...

As for this: "I'd never heard of this blogger, and I'm sure that Deacon's link sent him way more traffic than he's ever seen before. I'm afraid, too, that our readers gave him more than he bargained for."

No, I haven't seen this much traffic before. But you're quite mistaken about what you're readers have thrown at me. In fact, I have to thank Deacon for the link because your readers have shown me that every negative thought I've attributed to the lot of Republicans is 100% correct.